top of page

When to contact a Speech Pathologist...

If you have any concerns regarding your child’s communication skills, you can contact Hills District Allied Health for an initial assessment.

Speech Pathology services may be required if your child…

  • Is difficult to understand

  • Pronounces words and sounds incorrectly

  • Has difficulty following directions

  • Has difficulty answering questions

  • Is having difficulty expressing needs and wants

  • Makes grammatical errors

  • Has difficulty telling a simple story

  • Is stuttering or stammering (repeating, Getting stuck on or stretching out words or sounds).

  • Struggles with reading, spelling or writing.

  • Has difficulty with joining in conversations, or making friends.

  • Has a hoarse, croaky, breathy or nasal sounding voice

  • Is a fussy eater or has swallowing issues

  • Has been diagnosed with an intellectual delay, and learning or other disorder such as Autism Spectrum Disorder or ADHD.

18 views0 comments


bottom of page